MICA - The School of Ideas
Established: MICA was established in 1991 by A.G. Krishnamurthy of Mudra Communications as one the only advertising institute of its kind in Asia. It was set up to feed the growing Indian advertising industry with trained talent. It is located on the outskirts of the western Indian city of Ahmedabad in Gujarat, and has become one of the most prestigious communications management institutes in India.
MICA creates leaders in the field of communications management with specialisations in Advertising Management, Brand Management, Media Management and Research & Analytics. Its spirit lies in its contemporariness and its ability to address the needs of a changing environment. Today, it is the alma mater of professionals who are serving in the marketing, marketing research, advertising and media sectors, and emerging communications-driven businesses such as broadcasting, retail and design communication, and public relations and event & entertainment management.
Mission: To develop empathetic leaders and thinkers who are creative and adaptive problem-solvers for a rapidly changing world.
Motto : The School of Ideas
Academic Programmes: MICA currently offers the following programmes:
1) Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Communications (PGDM-C) - To Know More
2) Fellow Programme In Management - Communications (FPM-C) - To Know More
3) One-year Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Crafting Creative Communication (CCC) - To Know More
4) Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Advertising Management and Public Relations (PGCPAMPR) - Online - To Know More
5) Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Digital Marketing - Online - To Know More
6) Post Graduate Certificate Programme In Marketing and Brand Management (PGCPMBM) - Online - To Know More
7) Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Media & Entertainment Management (PGCPMEM) - Online - To Know More
8) Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Digital Marketing & Communication with Specialisations - Online - To Know More
9) Post Graduate Certificate programme in Business Management - Online - To Know More
10) Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Market Research and Data Analytics (PGCPMRDA) - Online - To Know More
11) Management Development Programmes (MDP & FDP) - To Know More
The core faculty at MICA has been developed with members both from academia and industry. Additionally, MICA gets visiting faculty that comes from other institutions, and also practitioners from the advertising, marketing, marketing research, public relations and media industries. Dr. Shailendra Raj Mehta is the current President at MICA.
MICA also invests heavily on research. It publishes a leading communications journal, Journal of Creative Communication, with articles in the area of marketing communications, communication management, mass and new media, development communication, culture studies and organisational communication.
In addition, MICA runs Management Development Programmes (MDPs) catering to middle and senior level managerial personnel and the Centre for Social and Development Communications which undertakes research projects and training programmes.
MICA is a Fulbright Affiliate Institute as well as an approved and accredited partner of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK. It is a member of Association of Asia Pacific Business Schools (AAPBS) and Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA). It has active international collaborations with renowned schools across the globe like ESCEM School of Business and Management, France ; Nanyang Technological University, Singapore ; Institute of Applied Media Studies, Zurich ; University of Angers, France ; University of Texas,Pan-American, USA ; Griffith University, Australia ; Southern Methodist University, Dallas, USA among others. These collaborations focus on faculty and student exchange and joint research.
The MICA campus is located on the outskirts of Ahmedabad over 19 acres of green verdant land. It has fully air-conditioned classrooms, with state of the art communication facilities and teaching aids, seminar halls, an auditorium, an open-air theatre, and a computer laboratory with 24*7 internet connectivity. Its library has a large collection of books and journals, besides having a huge database of the latest advertising campaigns and print advertisements. MICA has hostel accommodation for over 300 students with 24*7 internet connectivity in each room. It also has a café, a dining area and sports facilities like cricket grounds, tennis and volleyball courts and a gymnasium. MICA also runs a broadcasting centre for community radio.
Dr. Shailendra Raj Mehta, President,